One bedroom apartment in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood!
Downstairs one-bedroom unit in a house on a quiet street in an amazing neighborhood! Walkscore.com gives it a walk score of 77 ("Very Walkable") and a bike score of 90 ("Bikers Paradise"). You can be pretty much anywhere you would likely want to be with a 10-15 minute bike ride.
Since acquiring the property 2 years ago, the landlords have made significant upgrades with energy-efficiency and comfort in mind, including: attic and wall insulation; ceiling fans; a cool (highly reflective) metal roof; new windows, and high-efficiency furnace and water heater. The landlords seek tenants that share their commitment to quiet, green living in the Greenbush Neighborhood, near Vilas Park, Lake Wingra, and the Arboretum.
- Unit has its own deck, that is currently being renovated and will include protected bike parking
- Deck looks out at backyard
- The two units share a front porch, single off-street parking space, and a washer/dryer in the basement
- The house is 100 years old, was converted from single family to 2 apartments a few decades ago, and has charms and quirks associated with such a history
- Rent is $900, with electric & gas (less than $200/month) shared equally between the two units.