The upper flat will be unoccupied beginning in early February, so you can enjoy the place without noisy upstairs neighbors! Rental move-in/move-out end date is flexible.
The furnished lower flat with basement and garage access features:
• Front porch, porch swing, back deck and outdoor shower
• Entry hall, vestibule and large closet for coats and boots
• Light-filled office with two desks, printer and fast wireless
• Large living room with piano
• Dining room that is separated by a half-wall from the large kitchen.
• Bedroom with a full or king bed and cedar closet
• Bathroom with a stall shower, skylight, heated floor and good storage.
• Basement with washer, dryer and storage.
• Nice yard with garden beds, compost and garage for storage of bikes and equipment.
With its charming residential streets, bike paths and lively commercial district, the Marquette neighborhood is Madison's most thoroughly walkable neighborhood. The property is in the located in the heart of it and within walking/biking distance from Wisconsin's state capitol, Madison's downtown and the University of Wisconsin - Madison campus. It is a quick, direct bus ride or drive to UW Hospital. The house is located equidistance (one block either way) between two major bus routes and the main isthmus bike path is at the end of the block. There is a fully-provisioned corner market a block away and a great natural foods co-op six blocks in the other direction.
The street is relatively quiet, with minimal traffic. Neighbors are diverse--families, older couples, single renters--and quiet friendly and helpful.